Snow front / Green slope
Doesn't know anything about the industry
• Understanding the basic principles of the sport
• A guided introduction to the ski lifts and pistes
• Learning about your equipment and getting a feel for the board
• Working out if you are regular or goofy foot (which foot you naturally place forward)
• Feeling the glide of the board and learning how to fall!
• Learning to move on playful slopes
• Improving board control and starting to try do some turns
Able to move and be independent on gentle slopes
Controlling your speed by using your rails to skid whilst maintaining total balance
Develop a high level of symmetry in both your frontside and backside turns
Understand how to use the different angles of terrain to develop skid control
Discover the environment (skier's rules of conduct) and integrate into the flow of skiers.
Understanding when to turn and when to gain speed to cover ground
Learning your first jumps and flat manoeuvres.
Symmetrical in their turns and are looking for technical solutions to improve on different terrains
Discover, develop and use vertical movement in turns and freestyle.
Perfect the tilt mechanism by increasing the speed.
Discover the short radii and develop aerial transition
Make the student comfortable in multiple environments
Develop important techniques and styles in the lower body
Set up the first aerial transitions.
Raise snowboarders' awareness of snowboarding in all snow and terrain.
Riding for the pleasure of snowboarding
Experience varied conditions (terrain, slope, snow quality) to improve the general coordination and mix of the different fundamentals.
Consciously use the terrain to choose lines and help flow down the mountain
Develop use of body torque to help in half pipes and explosive movements
Develop the movement of the base surface under the center of gravity through flats and turns
Improve the control of drifts and large snow spraying whilst maintaining a strong centre of gravity, particularly in the short radii
Use the flex of the board in flat evolutions to give manoeuvres pop.
Structuring the aerial combinations in the snowpark or backcountry.
Their level allows them to find pleasure in every situation – highly experienced in the snow
- Going up and down hills, for kilometres with total freedom and efficiency in movement.
- Be able to choose when to increase the intensity descents and push harder.
- Find pleasure from all types of snow and marked out terrain.
- Understand the most appropriate techniques and moves for any encountered terrain
Working on commitment and achieving challenging goals
Use several types of equipment and feel the different effects of them